Friday, April 25, 2008

Rilly, much better...

Sorry to leave those depressing posts up all week... It's been a good week, rilly. And Monday I had it in my mind to make one of those vlog things. Had the whole day taped until the battery died on the video camera (don't worry, the vlog would be short), but then Kev has been working late every night and hasn't had the time nor energy to show me how to upload the video to the computer. He's got a MESS of stuff upstairs on a table, backup drives, power cords like spaghetti, little boxes I cannot even name (and I was a software engineer) and I don't want to lose 4 hours of my day figuring it all out when I could be outside enjoying the nice weather (or doing laundry).

At any rate, I've been out in the vegetable garden a few times this week, turning the boxes over with fertilizer. I think I'll start planting this weekend. While we've been seeing low temperatures in the 30's and 40's here in sunny California, I've been seeing pics on blogs this week from other parts of the country, where it snows, no less, and the kids are already in shorts and sundresses. Is it our proximity to the Pacific Ocean and the currents and weather traveling down from Alaska? It's been cold! It's supposed to warm up this weekend.

Kevin called our agency director yesterday just to check in and also confirm that we don't want to change our age range yet. No news this week. But we are considering making a trip down for the picnic in June. If we can go I'm looking forward to meeting some of the other families (Tricia!).

4 comments:

A Room to Grow said...

oh man! we are planning to go to portland and seattle in june... leaving the same day as the picnic! keep me posted, especially if you come down early.

ipm said...

so glad it's been a better week! sometimes it just comes, and we wade on through... :)))

rilly! hee hee hee...

Melissa said...

i just use my camera to take mini clips and then upload from the card like you would for a picture, but hit the film icon. very easy.

Rachael said...

I have never learned how to upload onto the computer from my real video camera, and if I do it from my camera, them memory files are too large.

For Christmas, I got a Flip Video. I LOVE it. It's just a little handheld video camera, runs off a double A battery and hold an hour of clips. It has its own little flip-out USB port for saving the files on the computer and has it's own internal editing software too. It can't do very fancy stuff, but it is SO easy. Perfect for me.