Thursday, April 06, 2006

Progress Today

I made some decent progress on my dossier paperwork today. I managed to find all my account paperwork for the assets report. But in gathering it all together I noticed that there's an error in our home study where the assets total is incorrect. I'll have to have the home study agency correct it. Sigh.

I also called the Santa Cruz County Sheriff's office and asked about the good conduct letters. They said to come on down, show an ID, and they would write up and notarize whatever I needed for $20 per letter. Then I called the County Assessor's office to ask about a property verification letter and they had NO IDEA what I was talking about. Hmmm.

Today when I spoke with the placement agency about the home study problem they relayed the news that the director was wondering where we were at with our paperwork because he's trying to determine what region to send it to. Wow! I was cruising along hoping to get it all done by the end of April.

And today we received our letter from Homeland Security saying that they have received our I-600A application and we can now get our FBI Fingerprinting clearance. (They are asking for the home study too, but the home study agency should have sent it to them.) The letter states: "When your fingerprints have been sent to the FBI for clearance, please allow 120 to 160 days for processing and forwarding of any information to the Service [BCIS]." 120 to 160 days, or 4-6 months! And this form needs to be part of the finished dossier. Maybe it ain't gonna happen by the end of April. I'd better get our butts down to the fingerprinting office ASAP.

1 comment:

ipodmomma said...

how funny that some things can move along swiftly, yet others seem to take ages... maybe the 4-6 months is just to cover their bums, in case it does happen to take a while...

thinking of you all!