Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Some Good Russian Adoption News

This morning I received an email from our placement agency director which stated, "The situation in Russia while still conservative appears to be settling down into more predictability resulting in increased referrals or opportunities for referrals." He said that they are receiving mutliple referrals of infant boys, siblings and some older children, and that more referrals will be coming available in April and early May. He also acknowledges that there are still families which remain stuck in the Russian bureaucratic process, despite this good news. "We all need to be optimistically cautious." I think he may have meant "cautiously optimistic". This is all very good news!

It seems like I haven't done much on the dossier in the past week. I am gathering my bank statements tonight to fax to our tax preparer for the 'Certificate of Assets". Tomorrow, if the kids cooperate, I'll call the county records office and the sheriff's office to see what I need to provide for our 'Property Ownership Verification' and 'Good Conduct' reports. My grandmother is required to have a Good Conduct report too. I hope she's not hiding any skeletons in her closet.

1 comment:

ipodmomma said...

great news!!!

very funny about Elaine... however, you never know... :)))

how's Conor feeling? Peter actually went back to work at 8 AM this morning... we might be getting on the treadmill, once again..

which, after the past week, is not a bad thing!

hope your drive is cleared too...