Thursday, April 27, 2006

Seeing the Light

I am seeing the light at the end of the dossier tunnel! The baby's room is DONE! At least for the dossier pictures. My close friend and neighbor has given us her changing table, and we had the crib and toys stored above the garage.

C and K had a great time playing with all of their baby toys that they haven't seen for years.

These are the Triple Irish Chain quilts that my husband's mother sewed for K and C before they were born. Aren't they beautiful? She also made matching crib bumpers.

As far as seeing the light goes, the sun has finally decided to come out. I was able to take our house photos yesterday and today. What a relief! I still have to do my grandmothers room, the kids' room and the office/playroom. It's impossible to have the whole house picked up at the same time.

The notary is coming to our house Saturday afternoon to notarize 34 documents for the dossier. Our tax preparer has looked at our assets information and will have his letter done and notarized this weekend. I completed our visa applications and last few forms last night.

Today I took the kids and my grandmother out to breakfast at the Walnut Avenue Cafe in downtown Santa Cruz. Then we visited the Sheriff's office for our police clearance letters. We got the letters, but they would not put our birthplace on our respective letters, and absolutely refused to give us a letter saying they "don't deviate from the standard clearance letter format". I'm waiting to hear from the agency director to see if what I have is enough.

So, I am hoping to head to Sacramento next week for apostilles. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday, hopefully.

The article in the New York Times about Post-Adoption Depression was a well-timed read. I've been a little down lately for many of the same reasons that are discussed in the article, except I am experiencing this before the adoption! I pray that my enthusiasm will be renewed now that I am almost done with most of the paperwork and will be getting more sleep. I have been eagerly following the blogs of the folks currently or recently in Russia, because they are so encouraging to me. I pray for all of them too!

4 comments:

ipodmomma said...

looks great!!! what a fab job... :)))

been thinking of you lots, and just keeping you all in prayer...

much love sent to all!!!

6blessings said...

The baby room looks great! The view out the window is beautiful. Isn't it fun for the kids to be so excited about the process too? Good luck on the final steps of the dossier.

Teddy said...

The kids look so big, and the room looks so wonderful! Miss you.

Lauri said...

The room looks great- love the trees out the window as well

Take Care

Lauri