Sunday, April 23, 2006

Baby room


I haven't been able to make much progress on the dossier this week because the kids have been home for Easter vacation. It makes me realize that I'd better try to get through as much of the adoption work as I can before summer vacation starts. And, I'd better make some plans for us this summer so we don't all go crazy together.

Yesterday I spent a good deal of time tearing my house apart, cleaning and reorganizing. Nothing sucks the life out of you like being overwhelmed with a lot of stuff that you know you need to get rid of but don't have the heart to quite yet. At any rate, I was able to move an old dresser out of the house, and I have piles of stuff for the Goodwill. I moved the kids bookshelf back in to the nursery, which left my kids' books in heaps on the floor. Inspiration to quickly decide on new bookshelves for them. And we sorted out two boxes of books from our room upstairs to get rid of too. It's slowly coming together. Thankfully Kevin was able to clean up the rest of the house while I tore apart the bedrooms.

Here's C helping to put the crib together last week.