Monday, June 12, 2006

Notary on Wheels

On the adoption front, I did complete our new Power of Attorney forms and also received our recommendation letters from the Home Study agency, all of which are necessary for our agency to process our adoption "independently" until their reaccreditation is completed. Instead of making another trip to Sacramento I used a mobile notary who was recommended to me through one of the Russian adoption mailing lists. Boy, this process was slick! I FedEx'd her my documents with a reusable envelope including a prepaid sticker addressed to my agency and she took my documents to the Notary Office for the State, had everything apostilled and back in the mail to the agency before I even thought to check a tracking number. My agency received it three days before I expected them to!

For anyone needing this service in California, here is her information:

Deborah Prentice
Notary on Wheels
(916) 441-5890

She charges $35 to deliver up to 25 documents for apostilles.

No comments: