Friday, June 22, 2007

Taking back my house...

Yesterday I reclaimed one of our bedrooms. Oh, it felt so good! My niece and nephew were coming to spend a couple of nights and I needed to clean up the baby room for my niece to use.

I can't tell you how good it felt to get the furniture back against the wall and in use again. To rip the plastic up from the floor. To vacuum up the construction crumbs. I know that the painters will be in this room again to finish painting the chair rail but for now it's my room again.

And yesterday the kids were playing with the baby toys in the room, and my niece was loading the crib up with her stuffed animal friends, and it was like we were a functional family again. And that dream of mine was not such a fantasy. (Well, it's a matter of degrees, I suppose.) Today I have four children to watch over. We'll see how I survive.

Somebody's still snoozing. This will be C's room. I love the yellow.

More yellow, and new window.

Our spinach harvest from the garden. Two night's worth of spinach. Yum!

Kevin's Father's Day present was a big hit. We now how more birds than ever to watch. We are even seeing a Grosbeak... such a pretty bird for this area.

1 comment:

ipodmomma said...

I love the pink and yellow!!! very very nice... :)))