Wednesday, July 09, 2008

We have a court date

I talked to our agency today and our court date is scheduled for August 15th. We are supposed to arrive in Moscow on August 11th. I was in quite a daze when I got the news and will confirm it tomorrow when I talk to them again.

Isn't that weird... a court date in August? I certainly didn't expect anything in August since I thought everything shut down that month. But it's good news! It gives us adequate time to prepare for the trip. I was freaking out a bit this week because we have our annual Tahoe trip coming up Sunday and I've been unable to even think about that with the court date up in the air. So now there's plenty of time to go camping, come home, get more documents prepared (and yes, we need new medicals, now with an official seal or stamp from the medical clinic), and get ready for the trip.

I'm quite proud of my new blog look, by the way. Elle did the work on it. I'm still trying to figure out the new blogger widgets and how to tweak the elements. One of these days (realistically, never) I may actually learn HTML.
.

13 comments:

Maggie said...

Woohoo! Congratulations. And August is surprising.

The new template looks great.

Melissa said...

I dig the new look. Congrats on a court date. Good thing it doesnt conflict with anything in your plans

ipm said...

what a day... :)))

much love from the hot valley! hee hee hee....

Elle said...

Congrats on the court date! You'll have plenty of time to get everything ready, but be surprised at how fast it goes.

Glad you like the look.

Rachael said...

Yeah! Congrats on the court date. Yes, August is weird. I thought the same thing.

Enjoy your camping trip!

Deb said...

Love the new look.

Congratz on the court date. That's wonderful news. So glad your daughter will be coming home so soon.
Enjoy your camping trip. Do you have any tips for camping with babies? We're going camping in Sept.

6blessings said...

Congratulations on the court date. Do you have 2 court days? When we went 2 years ago, Stavropol had 2 days for court. We leave for China on the 12th so we will be international at the same time, just going different directions.

Elle did a great job as always! The blog looks great!

sandy said...

Yes, I think we do have two days of court. I'll have to get more information about it.

Anonymous said...

Great! Maybe you can still convince them to take her home on that trip!

i love your new cheerful look!

Missed the kids terribly this week, surprisingly, but I did get a lot of work done. just not ALL that needed catching up on.

Love you,
Terry

Ronda said...

That's fabulous news Sandy. It should be hot, hot, this time of year.

Now you can enjoy camping, celebrate your last trip without a new little one to worry about and dream of her under the Tahoe stars. Congratulations.

Ronda

PS Elle did a great job.

joslinster said...

Hi Missy, I'm testing my blogging skills. aw;ofjewoaifnwe;oi atcha!

Annie said...

Our court date was in August of last year! This is my first approach to your blog (I think) maybe it just looked so different last time I don't recognize it! But good luck. I wish I were going with you.

Annie said...

PS...to me the "weird" thing is this much lead time. We've never gotten more than 12 days...usually more like 8-9.