Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tahoe-bound


We're heading up to Lake Tahoe again next week for our annual camping trip with Kevin's family. Today is going to be a crazy day of packing because, of all things, I haven't been able to get my head around camping this week. Why could that be?

You would think that after getting our court date Wednesday that that would have freed me up to get going on the packing and preparing for the trip. But no, I had to spend the first day stunned and spinning my wheels. Only yesterday did I realize that I'd better get moving. I finally bought the kids some new hiking shoes to give their geisha toes some wiggle room.

I think I need this vacation, but I am worried that I won't be getting stuff done for our trip coming up in August. I'll try to squeeze in some gift shopping. Oh, I just hope I can relax a little bit!

On the paperwork-is-never-done front, we've been asked to provide new medicals. Our current medicals have not expired, it's just that our coordinator expects that the judge will ask for a special stamp or seal on the medical forms from the medical clinic where our doctor is employed. And not just the name and address stamp but an official-looking round seal or stamp, like the apostille stamp, or embossed stamp of the notary. This is another item that I need to hand over to God because it's been stressing me out. Has anyone else been asked for something like this?

And today we will need to make more airline reservations. We'll be flying on Delta this time, and I thought it would be good to use a travel agent recommended by our agency. However, the travel agent doesn't book Delta so that's a no-go. Perhaps I can relax a little bit once we get these tickets.

I hope to provide some good photos of our trip this next week. In the meantime, check out this post and this other post for photos of what we have in store for us this coming week.

Okay, I'd better get moving.
.

5 comments:

Kar said...

Hello Sandy,

My Husband and I will be traveling to Stavropol on Aug 10 for our first trip. We are very excited and anxious. Maybe our paths will cross, hope so! I have recently tuned into your blog and have found it very helpful - Thanks! and see you soon! Kar

Maggie said...

Have a good trip and try (ha!) to relax.

ipm said...

have a great holiday!!

and Elle got in fine... finally! :)))

sandy said...

Kar, I'm sure that we will see you there. We'll probably be staying at the Eurohotel again. If you have any questions, you can contact me at sdmcenteeatgmaildotcom. What agency are you using? We're with Frank.

kate said...

Maybe this is JUST what you need. If you CAN'T do anything, sometimes it's easier to not do it. Make sense? Of course, sometimes it just makes you crazed. Resist the craziness!

Can't wait 'till you're here! Let me know if I can help.