Thursday, June 14, 2007

Just a few more birthday pics....

K in front of her colorful Tinker Bell cake. C had a great time teasing her that it was a "stinker-bell" cake. I asked him if he would rather have a "stinker-bell" plate for his piece instead of Spiderman. He deferred.

The highlight of the end of the party was a treasure hunt for the kids. We have lots of room here to hide the clues, which is nice. This year I put each clue in an envelope and then put each child's name on an envelope, so that when the clue was found, only that child whose name was on the envelope could open it to figure out the next clue. It worked really well! Even the little ones had their chance to open a clue. We had a pack of 13 kids chasing up, down, out, in and around. The treasure hunt ended at a box containing the goodie bags, conveniently located in the house under the dining table.

Off they go!

4 comments:

ipodmomma said...

what a great idea! looks like they all had a blast...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! I love the clues! I may have to "borrow" that idea for my twins' birthday next month!
--Fellow Russian adoption blogger Lisa
360.yahoo.com/lisamikeplus3

6blessings said...

Great parties! I think it's awesome that you did separate parties. I have suggested it before with my twins, but they always want to do it together. They are the same gender so I think maybe that makes a difference. They have invited different friends before and I have always done separate cakes/cupcakes/designs, etc.

Melissa said...

what a great idea to do a treasure hunt to find the goodie bags. I will have to remember that one.