Monday, June 11, 2007

More Birthdays!

C and K's birthday was this past weekend. This year we decided to hold separate parties for them, so C's party was at the bowling alley on Saturday and K had a party at the house on Sunday. It was a busy weekend, but so much fun for them!

C getting ready for that strike at the Boardwalk Bowl. This place is so great! You walk in with a cake, have a great time while they deliver food and drinks to you. They do ALL the cleanup, and you walk out with the presents. It was really fun!

C's buddies from school singing Happy Birthday.

C and K licking the frosting off the Spiderman cake toy.

We took the kids to the Boardwalk with one of their friends after bowling. This is C with D on the airplane ride. The kids were like exhuberant puppies! It was hard to contain them.

A shot of C and I on the carrousel. This carrousel is very old, probably the original. It still has the pipe organ music, and the brass rings you grab to throw into a very large clown's mouth. When you hit the mouth the eyes light up and bells go off. I've only been able to do it once (the darn thing is designed for right-handed people)!

Going for that brass ring!

You'll have to wait for pictures from K's party on Sunday because we drove home Saturday night with the camera dangling out of the back of the car and only found it when we got home. The LCD screen was toast, among other things. Oops. It was time for a new camera anyway. I would like one that actually snaps the picture exactly when I push the button, not a half-second later. (Anyone have a digital camera that you love?) A friend at K's party will be sending us some pictures, I hope.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you ever going to get back to talking about your referral and Ekat?

Maggie said...

What a nice idea to have their parties separately. I know they're close and I'm sure they love their joint birthday parties, too. But to have separate ones for a year is a nice idea.

p.s. I hope you don't mind me speaking on your behalf, Sandy. To the above commenter -- Sandy will talk about her referral and her trip to Ekat if and when she feels like it. And if she never feels like talking about it here, then that's OK, too.

sandy said...

Dear anonymous,

Yes... what I'm comfortable talking about right now is in the entry called "Girlfriends" which I posted May 10th. Take a look and you can see where we are in the process right now.

sandy said...

Margaret,

I don't mind at all. =)

Thank you!

Melissa said...

I enjoyed the pictures from the party.

tsblogger said...

great pics! wow, they really are growing up!! separate parties... it goes by so fast...

Peter's Nikon is great... even I can use it! and now the megapixels are increased, maybe up to 12? might be a good one to investigate!

love, mollie

Deb said...

My brother and I are a year and 3 days apart. Not twins but we had parties together and seperate growing up. It's great both ways. Looks like C's was a lot of fun.

I have an Olympus SP-510UZ. It still has a little bit of a delay but not as much as some I've seen. 7.1MP; 10x zoom; 2.5" screen.

I recently saw a magazine article that recommend one for the quick shot. If I can find it I'll let you know which one it was.